Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Outsmarted my a munchkin

I hid the scissors. Very well. I knew since Trace and Avery never cut their own hair that it was just a matter of time until Alex did. Well, Avery trimmed a tiny bit but no real damage. I've learned this from years of eating pennies, stamp and ink pen tattoos, liquid soap as body lotion, toothpaste as hair gel, window licking and cleaning shopping cart handles with a tongue. All done by Alex, but not the others. Today, I came downstairs to a trail of hair and Avery calmly informing me that Alex had cut her hair. My first reaction was HOW? I hid the damn scissors! But, NO. That's not enough 'round these parts. Let me back up a bit...yesterday I got my hair cut. Like 6" gone and Alex wasn't happy with me. She's not a big fan of change. But she woke up today loving it and wanting her hair cut too. The three of them already had an appt for cuts before school starts so I told her she only had to wait a few days. I should have known by her blank look that waiting wasn't on her to-do list today.
Ok, back to the hair cutting. Turns out she used a letter opener!! Now, before you turn me in to CPS we don't own the dagger type. It was the "safety" kind. You know, the C shaped ones with the tiny little blade in the corner? So she didn't loose any fingers, just enough hair to create a sweet side mullet. And she was kind enough to leave one long strand of bangs. It looked more like she used a weed eater! I went from mad to laughing in about 2 seconds because she was way more horrified over what she did than I was. She would smile then almost cry, then back to smiling. Here's what I mean....I caught the cry face.
Do you see the HUGE chunk missing?! Sigh....  Anyway, I called Laura who does our hair in a panic and she got us right in. Here's the before and afters. She promised Laura she wouldn't do it "eber, eber again". We shall see.



No comments: